Illustrator, musician, artist, record collector, dad(ford), throwback chump.
Nick is on the books of long established London illustration agency Folio, and has produced work for the likes of Google, The Guardian, BBC, LG, Vodafone, The Telegraph, Cadbury, Samsung, Easyjet and Waitrose - as well as a host of independent magazines, clothing and record labels, and events.
Signed to Ubiquity Records (USA) as one half of The Mighty Sceptres, Nick’s music has also seen previous releases on Freestyle Records (UK) as Frootful; remixes by Kenny Dope; tracks appearing on the hit film Magic Mike and cult US TV show Ray Donovan; and features by Wax Poetics and KCRW. His music showcases his love of 50s and 60s soul, R'n'B and jazz… the kind of thing he plays on original 45s with collector friends at his monthly night at MONO in Falmouth, Soul Cookin'.
Influenced by modernist art, record covers and print from the same 50s / 60s era, he likes working on more abstract self-exploratory pieces in mixed media and collage, too.
LG ∙ Google ∙ The Guardian ∙ Cadbury ∙ Vodafone ∙ BBC ∙ The Telegraph ∙ Samsung ∙ Royal Mail ∙ Coca Cola ∙ Pizza Express ∙ Lloyds Bank ∙ NHS ∙ Wall St Journal ∙ Pearson ∙ Transworld Publishing ∙ Cedar Communications ∙ British Airways ∙ EasyJet ∙ Which? ∙ Waitrose ∙ Ubiquity Records ∙ W20 Group ∙ Howies ∙ NYJO ∙ Freestyle Records ∙ Cultshare ∙ London Surf Film Festival ∙ Stranger Collective ∙ Eden Project ∙ Harrods ∙ Do Lectures ∙ National Trust
- Directory of Illustration no.’s 29-32 (Serbin 2012-15)
- The Book of Surfing - Michael Fordham (Bantam Press 2008)
- Images 32 The best of British contemporary illustration 2008 (AOI)
- Images 30 The best of British contemporary illustration 2006 (AOI)
- September (September Project 2007)
- 2015 Penryn Arts Festival
- 2014 Cultshare Launch (The Fish Factory / Espressini, Falmouth)
- 2012 The Frootful Art Ensemble (Howies shop, Carnaby St / HAND, Falmouth)
- 2010 Members Exhibition (The Poly, Falmouth)
- 2008 Stranger magazine showcase (The Eden Project, Cornwall)
- The Mighty Sceptres - Shy As A Butterfly (Kenny Dope extended mix / 2016 Ubiquity UR7360)
- Craig Charles Funk & Soul Classics (v/a 2015 Sony BMG)
- Love Is All We Need (v/a 2015 Ubiquity UR357)
- The Mighty Sceptres - All Hail The Mighty Sceptres! (2015 Ubiquity URLP338)
- The Mighty Sceptres - Siren Call (2014 Ubiquity UR7328)
- Frootful - Heavyweight (2013 Freestyle FSRLP100)
- Frootful - The Road / Benedict Boogaloo part I (2013 Freestyle FSR7076)
- The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club vol. 1 (v/a 2012 Freestyle FSRCD097)
- Sounds From The Soul Underground (v/a 2012 Freestyle FSRLP086)
- Frootful - Slowtime / Latin Strut / Lack of Afro remix (2011 Freestyle FSR094)
- Frootful - Colours (2011 Freestyle FSRLP084)
- Frootful - Fish in The Sea / instrumental (2011 Freestyle FSR7066)
- Lack of Afro - Music For Adverts (2014 Freestyle)
- Angeline Morrison - Are You Ready Cat? (2013 Freestyle)
- Angeline Morrison - The Feeling Sublime EP (2013 Freestyle)
- The Ambassadors of Sorrow - There is No Ending (2011 Spookette)
- Lack of Afro - This Time (2011 Freestyle)
- Lack of Afro - My Groove Your Move (2009 Freestyle)
- Underground Hits & Exclusive Bits Four: We Wah Ten! (v/a 2009 Wah Wah 45s)
- The Ambassadors of Sorrow - Easterly (2009 self-release)
- The Ambassadors of Sorrow - Loathsome Food EP (2008 Lono)
- The Hot 8 Brass Band Remixes (v/a 2008 Tru-Thoughts)
- Lack of Afro - Press On (2007 Freestyle)
- The Ambassadors of Sorrow - Loathsome Food 7” (2005 Kabukikore)
The Legal Bit
All work and content copyright © Nick Radford 2016 (unless stated otherwise). All rights reserved.